Senior Staff Accountant
We are seeking a Senior Staff Accountant, who will be responsible for all media and fee billing, including closing reconciliations and invoicing clients on a timely, accurate and complete basis. This role will also be responsible for cash applications and to will ensure that client invoices are paid timely. This individual has the opportunity to work directly with varying levels and management and business partners throughout the organization through various forms of communication when accomplishing these tasks.
- Processing all media and billing including closing reconciliations, getting billing out timely, accurately and completely. Works closely with Media teams to provide any and all support.
- Manages the accounts receivable process. This includes, making sure bills are paid timely, any outstanding funds are pursued quickly and any aged balances are processed as soon as possible.
- Month-end media PO and Accrual reporting. Key process that assures organization is properly accounting for media funds, client payment and vendor disbursements.
- Responsible for cash applications on timely basis.
- Coordinate and test upgraded processes with IT affecting our proprietary media financial system, including setup of new clients.
- Assist with the preparation and review of monthly and quarterly financial statements, including preparation of journal entries and variance analysis
- Preparation of account reconciliations
- Assist with Daily/Weekly/Monthly to internal management and parent company
- A/P invoice review
- Special projects, as needed, including assistance with internal and external audits
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or a related field,
- CPA certification is preferred
- Minimum of 4 years of work experience in a financial/accounting capacity
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
- Experience with Quickbooks desired
- Must possess strong knowledge of US GAAP with strong understanding of accounting principles
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and data mining skills
- Excellent organizational skills; with strong attention to detail
- Ability to organize and handle multiple tasks in a deadline driven environment is essential
- Ability to work with limited supervision