We are seeking qualified, organized candidates for an experienced Media Buyer that can work efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced environment. As a member of the Buying Services team, the Media Buyer is responsible for achieving and maintaining excellence in delivering buying products and services for our clients, as well as constantly improving the effectiveness of the buying function.
Specifically, the Media Buyer coordinates the day-to-day rate and contract negotiation for assigned client(s) ensuring that each receives the lowest possible rates, value-added and other concessions for their media program, successfully fulfilling client savings goals.
- Procure best in class rates for assigned client and contracts.
- Participate in client updates as needed for negotiation related questions.
- Collaborate with department Supervisor on the development of assigned client negotiation tactics.
- Develop individual negotiation strategies for all contracts assigned.
- Initiate and negotiate medium to high level of difficulty contracts, achieving client and departmental goals.
- Utilize weekly client assigned status update in order to manage client deadlines.
- Monitor individual and client assigned productivity and results, bring forth challenges to Supervisor as appropriate.
- Mentor Buying Coordinators and Senior Buying Coordinators in the strategies of negotiations.
- Provide negotiation support in low level of difficulty contracts with Buying Coordinators and Senior Buying Coordinators.
- Execute buying activities in accordance with established timelines and department goals.
- Surface process improvement opportunities across buying activities to improve quality and profitability.
- Project work as requested.
- One to three years of related work experience in procurement, negotiations, media or sales at an agency, media outlet or professional services company required.
- Strong attention to detail and negotiation skills.
- Capacity to handle a wide variety of tasks and assignments.
- Exhibits excellent communication skills, both orally and in written form.
- Ability to deal with problems and strategic opportunities involving several variables.
- Ability to effectively review data, draw valid conclusions and apply to situations.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university or applicable work experience preferred
- Casual team environment and strong company culture
- Excellent benefit package including Health, Dental, Vision and 401k
- Work/life balance with generous time off allowance with flexible remote working opportunities
- Comprehensive training program and career advancement opportunities
- Convenient location with close access to I-88, I-355, and I-294